Justin put together and moderated the Content Creation in the Digital Era panel at Cristal Festival in Courchevel this week. It was the fourth panel he’s organised in the last 3 months in 4 different countries, and third he’s moderated. The international panel of experts included:
- Nick Cohen, Vice President at Little Dot Studios
- Alex Cheeseman, Head of International Strategy at NewsCred
- Izabela Derda, Head of Entertainment at Havas Sports&Entertainment and Head of Content at Havas Media Group Poland
- Matt Wilkinson, Global Head of Brands at MirriAd
They discussed the following themes that had emerged from our research for the latest global edition of the Best of Branded Content Marketing (BOBCM) series:
- What impact will the increasing use of mobile have on branded content formats? And does this mean that brands should think mobile first, or content first?
- Does the rise of social stars, MCNs and other routes to market suggest a more level playing field is emerging and, if so, how do brands decide who is best suited to deliver their messages to their audience?
- As the mechanisms to deliver content to fractured audiences are becoming more algorithmic, predictive and programmatic is simply having a great idea now enough or will the secret to success be more integrated media and creative?
- Influencers can help you create content and even co-create it with their audiences, but can their influence be measured beyond their social performance?
- Does the clamour for more continuous content production lead to better quality content or will the increase in quantity just create more clutter?
- Are the strategies and tactics for creating longer term behavioural changes comparable with those brand-funded content approaches that are short-term ROI-focused?
Just was also invited to join the Cristal Branded Entertainment Academy that nominated the Grand Cristal for the festival’s Branded Content & Entertainment award category.